Content moderation is typically undertaken by a team of human moderators, who manually review each piece of content uploaded or reported by the user community. The challenge is obvious. Human moderators can easily get overwhelmed by the large volume of content and the backlog quickly becomes unmanageable. Inevitably, this leads to a drop in moderation quality as the human moderators struggle to keep up – they just can’t physically review everything.
One way to solve the problem is to hire more staff, but this can be expensive. As the site becomes more popular the volume of UGC is only going to increase and organizations will have to increase their teams to cope with the increasing work. Another way is to enhance the existing staff’s efficiency by providing them with a tool to help them be more productive.
With Image Analyzer human moderators only review high risk content.
How does it work? Our technology analyzes image, video and live streamed footage uploads with advanced AI computer vision technology, that is trained to identify specific visual threats. Each piece of content is given a risk probability score. This score can then be used by the human moderation team to filter out the majority of low risk items. Left with only the high-risk material they can quickly identify and remove anything that is inappropriate or harmful.
Image Analyzer’s artificial intelligence-based content moderation technology for image, video and streaming media provides customers with a competitive differentiator and incremental revenue growth opportunities.
- Protects brand reputation
- Reduces corporate risk exposure related to an organization’s vicarious liability
- Helps comply with online safeguarding regulations
- Reduces costs by increasing the scalability of IT or content moderation teams
- Improves efficiency and productivity of IT or content moderation teams
- Supports internal audit and computer misuse investigations and can verify employee misconduct
- Protects moderators' mental health by filtering high risk scoring visuals, reducing the volume requiring moderation to nuanced content
- Advanced AI delivers high detection and near zero false positives
- Reduces moderation queue by 90% or more
- Images are reviewed based on risk probability scores
- Accelerates the time from post to review
- Allows automation based on the risk probability score
- Highly scalable to grow with increasing volumes without affecting performance